Do you ever have trouble staying on track with your professional and personal goals?
Do you sometimes set the bar too low, and get bored when the challenge is gone?
Or set your sights on something far out of reach, and get discouraged when progress stalls?
Setting great goals is just part of the process. Finding the gumption to keep aiming for them, and the accountability to stay on track can be challenging.
So how do successful people set themselves up for further success?
They do these things.
- Start now. It’s easy to paralyse yourself by analysing goals and the pathways that might lead you there. However, common sense tells us that we won’t get anywhere until we start to move. Therefore, any action you take now is a good thing. Whether you choose the right or wrong action to take is irrelevant. At this stage it’s not what you do that counts; it’s the fact that you have overcome a mental hurdle and allowed yourself to make a decision to act.
- Track progress. Our instinct is always to keep our eyes on the goal, and in high performance sporting teams, that’s often the main instruction. But their actions are played out against the clock, and when the game ends, they can take a breath before focusing on the next one. In the business world, those sorts of natural breaks are rare, so there’s nothing to give you a rest – on way to measure how many steps you’ve taken towards your goal. Successful leaders allow themselves the time to look back and see how far they’ve come. They give themselves permission to be proud of what they’ve done so far.
- Journal. A journal can be a valuable tool both for tracking your progress and for keeping your goals clear in your mind. Healing expert Phylameana lila Desy says, “Getting words down on paper can help clear your head of thoughts and ideas that are creating a mental swirl of confusion.” It’s surprising what ideas and solutions will pop up on the page as you write – the ways to overcome blockages in your path.
- Feed your brain with inspiration. There’s no such thing as an overnight success so you’re here for the long haul. You’ll need to keep yourself motivated and maintain a positive mindset. Be careful what you put into your brain. Social media can be tiring and the daily news can be depressing. Make the conscious decision to look for positive message to reinforce your determination and enthusiasm.
- Live life. The really successful people will all tell you that there’s more to life than business. Don’t live a one-dimensional life. Get out and be with the people you love, doing the things you love. That’s where your real energy will come from.
We started this year with a determination to put you on the path to success and so we created our fantastic online coaching program, “Set Yourself up for Success”. 120 people have already completed the program and it has been so successful that we are thrilled to be able to offer it again, starting on Monday the 15th February.
The 28 Day Challenge is the perfect way to define and realistically embark on a journey to meet your major goals for the next 12 months, and your involvement in the process is sure to gain results. We show you how to set ideal goals for you, and help you remain accountable throughout the year.
If you missed out on the January challenge, or are interested in jumping in to the next round, click here to watch a short video with more details about this FREE program.
Email email@example.com with any questions you have or for more information.